Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Soundtrack of My Life: My Latest Celebrity Obsession


The Royal Wedding:
A commoner from Whales, becomes a princess.

Today, Friday 29th, 2011; Kate Middleton and Prince William of Whales finally said their "I

do's", or in the U.K it's "I Will". Now, I know you might think I'm crazy, but I got up at

5:30am this morning to watch it. At about 6:00am to 7:00am, NBC showed all of the royal

family and VIP guests arriving.  Kate Middleton, of course, being the last, to walk down the

aisle.


The question around the world - What will Katie be wearing? - was kept secret, but there

was tons of speculation as to who would design the dress. It was designed by Sarah

Burton for internationally celebrated British label Alexander McQueen but no one knew 

until her arrival at Westminster Abbey. I must say, she looked classic, and beautiful.

Around 7:00am, the wedding had officially begun with Kate walking down the aisle; 

Prince William looked at her as if he was relieved that she would finally become his wife.

The ceremony was fantastic and quite romantic. The one thing that got the attendees

laughing was when William, had seemed to have trouble putting Middleton's wedding ring

( I gasped thinking for a split second it wouldn't fit.). Other than that, the ceremony went

off without a hitch. As they made their first walk down the aisle, as husband and wife, they

were lead to a carriage that took them straight to Buckingham Palace. Buckingham Palace is

where they would have one reception for the fellow royal family and Middleton's family.

They were said to have another reception at a more private place to have their younger

guest have a party, equipped with their favorite DJ.


I am honored to have been able to see a royal wedding since I wasn't born when William's

parents, Princess Diana and Prince Charles, had married. Unfortunately, I was about four-

years-old when Diana died, I remember being heartbroken that a true compassionate

woman had died. William's brother, Prince Harry, has yet to wed. I look forward to that

ceremony as well. 

Best wishes for newly married couple; I hope their marriage to be a healthy, happy one.


-Mary 

1 comment:

  1. Her dress was beautiful! She seems like a sweet girl. But you never know about the royals. They showed other dresses that carried a lot of the same texture and color of the dress she had, is was timeless, and classy.

    ReplyDelete